- Aetna/Aetna EAP
- First Choice Health (EAP)
- Moda Health
- Open Path Psychotherapy Collective (openpathcollective.org)
- PacificSource/Reliant Behavioral Health
- Private pay including cash, check, and major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover)
- Regence Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Oregon
- United Healthcare
Private pay sessions are $110. While your insurance may provide some coverage for mental health services, you may be responsible for a co-payment or deductible amount at each session. If you are using insurance, please verify that your coverage for services with me is authorized prior to our first meeting by contacting your insurance company. I will ask you to provide your insurance and ID cards in the first session for billing purposes.
You are responsible for any session costs not reimbursed by your insurance provider.
If you choose to use insurance coverage, be aware that I am required to provide you with a clinical diagnosis (like “major depressive disorder” or “social anxiety disorder”) in order for your insurance company to reimburse me for services. If you do not meet criteria for a diagnosis, your insurance company will not cover services and you will be responsible for payment.
Insurance companies occasionally ask me to provide additional clinical information about clients including treatment plans, a summary of services, or progress notes before they reimburse me. They may also request your entire clinical file. If your insurance company requests this information, I am required to provide it to them in order to receive reimbursement and prove that your counseling is “medically necessary.” Once they have any of this information, I no longer have control over what they do with it and cannot guarantee that it will remain confidential.
Advantages to paying privately include:
- a diagnosis is not required or kept in your health record
- your information is kept secure and confidential instead of being shared with a third party
- requests for access to your health information are limited
- you have control over how much counseling you receive instead of possibly being limited to a certain number of sessions
To verify insurance benefits, please contact your insurance company using the number on your member card and ask the following questions:
- What are my Mental Health Benefits?
- Are services with Marjie L. Roddick Counseling, LLC covered by my plan?
- Do I need a referral or authorization from my Primary Care Provider?
- Do I have a deductible to satisfy? How much is it?
- Do I have a co-pay or co-insurance? How much is it?
- Are there a limited number of sessions per year on my plan?
Questions about accepted payments? Click here to Contact Me